Finance Minister Provides 16 Action Points to Double Farmers Income by 2022
In her Budget 2020 speech, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman stated 16 action points to double the income of Indian farmers by 2022.
Here’s a look at the 16 Action Points stated in Budget address:
- Government to promote use of renewable energy under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evem Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM KUSUM) scheme.
- 15 lakh additional water pumps to be set up.
- Government to invest in water conservation measures in 100 drought-prone districts.
- Promotion of balanced use of organic and chemical fertilizers.
- To build a national cold supply chain, Indian Railways will set up Kisan Rail to transfer perishable products.
- Krishi UDAN to be launched by the Ministry of Civil Aviation to help farmers in north-east and other remote districts.
- Village story scheme to be run by Women SHG to ease farmers’ logistic problems
- Allotment of Mudra loans to women to open storage facilities.
- Strengthen National Organic Product Market, to enhance zero budgeting natural farming.
- Allotment of 1.5 lakh crore to Non-banking Finance companies active in the agricultural sector.
- Reduction of diseases in cattle by vaccination.
- Doubling milk output from 53.5 million tonnes to 108 mn metric tonnes by 2025.
- Fish production to be raised to 20 million tonnes.
- Allocation of Rs. 1.6 trillion for rural development and Panchayati Raj.
- Government to provide viability gap funding for setting up advanced warehousing.
- Government to involve youth in fish production through more than 3000 Sagar Mitras.